This program is offered fully online.
Priority Admission Application Deadlines: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Minimum Total Hours: 30
CIP Code: 13.1314
Dept. Code: EDP
Major/College Codes: APH ED
Offered only online
Department: Teaching and Learning
Contact Information: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
This degree is designed for anyone interested in the lifelong process of becoming a reflective, effective teacher who is prepared to lead youngsters to become physically active for a lifetime. The master’s degree in Physical Education is offered online only. Consequently, an I-20 cannot be issued for international students to come to Tampa to enroll in this program. If accepted to the program, international students may only enroll in the program’s online courses from outside the United States.
Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, National Association for Sport and Physical Education.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution OR the equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees from a foreign institution and satisfying at least one of the following criteria:
- A “B” average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or higher in all work attempted while registered as an upper division student in a Baccalaureate degree OR A previous graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of at least a 3.5
- Proof of initial certification (Plan I)
In addition to the University requirements, applicants to the College of Education must provide the following:
- A social security number in degree programs requiring practica or internships;
- Other information as required by the major of interest, (e.g. Graduate Record Exam scores, etc.).
Please be advised that program and/or course requirements are subject to change, per state legislative mandates, Florida State Department of Education program approval standards, and accreditation criteria