Priority Admission Application Deadlines: www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Minimum Total Hours: 48
CIP Code: 52.0201
Dept. Code: DEA
Major/College Codes: MBA BA
Application tracks: Management Finance
This major shares core requirements with the M.B.A. in Business Administration.
College: Muma College of Business
Contact Information: www.grad.usf.edu/majors
The weekend Executive M.B.A. is a lock-step, 21-month, AACSB accredited program designed to meet the unique needs of both mid-career managers who have demonstrated the potential to reach senior management positions, and senior managers who desire to significantly increase their personal and organizational effectiveness. The major provides an opportunity to broaden and enrich management skills, to extend knowledge of modern business techniques, and to further develop understanding of the social, political, and economic forces that shape the business environment and influence decision making. Classes are scheduled all day on two Saturdays and one Friday a month for four semesters. The weekend format allows participants to continue carrying their careers while they master a range of managerial skills.
AACSB International –The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below. The USF MBA admission committee uses a portfolio approach: the strength of each applicant is determined based on the entire application. The admission committee will consider the following:
- Prior college-level academic performance;
- GMAT (preferred) , GRE, MCAT, LSAT, and PCAT (submitted scores must be within five (5) years of the term of entry);
- A statement of purpose or corporate approval form;
- Interview may be required;
- A resume detailing relevant professional work experience;
- Any other information that helps in ensuring the potential success of the applicant in the program (e.g. community/volunteer service, etc.);
Applicants may request a waiver of GMAT if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from the University of South Florida Tampa;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from any State of Florida University that is a Preeminent institution (i.e., University of Florida-Gainesville, or Florida State University-Tallahassee
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from Association of American Universities (AAU); or;
- Have five (5) or more years of managerial or professional experience
- For applicants with a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally-accredited institution, the following requirements need to be met in addition to those listed above: Minimum GMAT score of 650 or a minimum GRE score of at least 321 (combined verbal and quantitative), and a minimum of 25th percentile in the verbal portion of the test. When the 3-year Bachelor’s Degree is less than 120 hours from Non-Bologna Accord Institutions, a transcript evaluation from a NACES member is required to confirm equivalency.
Total Minimum Hours: 48
Shared Core Requirements - 8 Credit Hours
Additional required courses - 17 credit hours
Electives - 18 credit hours
Directed Research - 2 credit hours
Capstone - 3 credit hours
Shared Core Requirements (8 Credit Hours)
Additional Required Courses (17 credit hours)
Electives (18 credit hours)
Directed Research (2 credit hours)
Overseas Study Module
During the interim summer session, each student participates in the annual ten-day Overseas Study Module, which involves on-site study of international business practices. A different country/region is selected each year. Past modules have included visits to such cities as Moscow, London, Zurich, Geneva, Brussels, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Hong Kong, Milan, and Paris.
Executive EMBA students take the capstone course instead of a comprehensive exam.
Capstone Course (3 credit hours)