Taneja College of Pharmacy
RX - Programs
University of South Florida
Taneja College of Pharmacy
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Web address: https://health.usf.edu/pharmacy
College Dean: Kevin Sneed, Pharm.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs: Amy H. Schwartz, Pharm.D.
Associate Dean, Graduate Programs: Shyam Mohapatra, Ph.D., M.B.A.
The Taneja College of Pharmacy (COP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Additional information can be found on the USF and COP websites.
The USF Taneja College of Pharmacy’s mission is to Revolutionize Health by:
- Innovation of patient centered healthcare through education, research, and service
- Empowerment of students, professionals, and patients as catalysts for change at all levels of health.
By 2019, USF Taneja College of Pharmacy will achieve interprofessional excellence in:
- Personalized Medicine
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Interdisciplinary research
- Evidence-based applications
- Life-long learning
The Taneja College of Pharmacy has established alliances and affiliations with a number of Centers and Institutes at USF in its efforts to:
- Provide research and educational opportunities (faculty and students);
- Foster and promote interdisciplinary research;
- Advance research, innovation and academic entrepreneurship in emerging technologies.
The Centers with which the COP has established affiliations are as follows:
- Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute
- Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS)
- The Florida Center of Excellence for Drug Discovery and Innovation (CDDI)
- USF Nanomedicine Research Center
Major Research Areas
Faculty research areas are accessible through the following web link:
The USF Taneja College of Pharmacy (COP) was established in 2010 to offer the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree. The COP mission aligns with the USF Mission by:
- providing a competitive professional program in pharmacy;
- producing knowledge, promoting intellectual development, and certifying student success in a global environment; and
- providing interdisciplinary education, research, and service through health-related disciplines.
The Doctor of Pharmacy didactic and experiential curriculum encompasses interprofessional, patient-centered pharmaceutical care, translational research opportunities, and community-focused service learning in an effort to produce competent pharmacy practitioners. The COP plans to maximize the advantages associated with being part of Florida’s leading metropolitan research university through collaborations with other disciplines and programs across the USF campus.
COP founded its Office of Graduate Programs in 2013. The vision for graduate education at COP included developing cutting-edge research training and education including both didactic (on-line and in-class) in several areas of Pharmacy, creating a diverse learning environment for students and faculty and creating advanced learning opportunities using the emerging technologies.
Consistent with USF’s mission, the strategic goals of OGP include:
- to enhance domestic and international recruitment, enrollment, and retention of graduate students that reflects diversity,
- to strive to enhance the academic experience of and the quality of life for graduate students,
- to pursue research funding and conduct and publish research that leads to opportunities for graduate student success,
- to partner with the other USF Colleges and SUS institutions to develop creative initiatives that promote graduate student research, and
- to serve as a leader in promoting interdisciplinary graduate programs.
A Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology was approved and OGP plans to develop additional initiatives for Graduate Certificates and a Ph.D. degree program in addition to concurrent degree programs at the COP.
Department of Pharmacy