University of South Florida
Taneja College of Pharmacy
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
Web address: https://health.usf.edu/pharmacy
College Dean: Kevin Sneed, Pharm.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs: Amy H. Schwartz, Pharm.D.
Associate Dean, Graduate Programs: Shyam Mohapatra, Ph.D., M.B.A.
The Taneja College of Pharmacy (COP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). Additional information can be found on the USF and COP websites.
The Mission of the Taneja College of Pharmacy is to Transform Health through educating students to be outstanding and successful practitioners and leaders in the profession; through leading in discovery and innovation of education and practice in pharmacy; and through delivering the highest quality care in diverse, interprofessional clinical and community settings.
The Taneja College of Pharmacy will be recognized as a national leader in defining advanced models of excellence in education and practice in pharmacy.
Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Diversity, Evidence, Teamwork, Collaboration, Interprofessionalism, Interdisciplinarity, Commitment
The Taneja College of Pharmacy (TCOP) has established alliances and affiliations with a number of Centers and Institutes at USF in its efforts to:
1. Provide research and educational opportunities (faculty and students);
2. Foster and promote interdisciplinary research;
3. Advance research, innovation and academic entrepreneurship in emerging technologies.
The Centers with which the TCOP has established affiliations are as follows:
• Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute
• Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS)
• The Florida Center of Excellence for Drug Discovery and Innovation (CDDI)
• USF Nanomedicine Research Center
Major Research Areas
Faculty research areas are accessible through the following web link:
About the College:
The USF Health Taneja College of Pharmacy (TCOP) offers an innovated four (4) year curriculum, designed to educate, inspire, and transform healthcare. The incorporation of educational technology, student engagement in the educational process, and interprofessional activities serve as the foundation for courses. Students are provided opportunities across the curriculum to learn and collaborate with other healthcare students, such as medical, physician assistant, nursing, and public health. There are many curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular opportunities available to students.
Students are enrolled as a full-time cohort. Courses are organized into series based on content: Foundational Sciences, Healthcare Innovations, Pharmaceutical Skills, Evidence-Based Clinical Reasoning, and Integrated Therapeutics. Instructional methods will vary depending on the series and may comprise of online and/or live lectures, team-based learning, case discussions, laboratory sessions, workshops, and simulations. The emphasis of the USF TCOP curriculum is student comprehension and assimilation of knowledge, with subsequent demonstration of competency (skills and abilities).
The TCOP Office of Graduate Program (OGP) vision for graduate education includes developing cutting-edge research training and education including both didactic (on-line and in-class) in several areas of Pharmacy, creating a diverse learning environment for students and faculty and creating advanced learning opportunities using the emerging technologies.
Consistent with USF Mission, the strategic goals of OGP include:
- To enhance domestic and international recruitment, enrollment, and retention of graduate students that reflects diversity,
- To strive to enhance the academic experience of and the quality of life for graduate students,
- To pursue research funding and conduct and publish research that leads to opportunities for graduate student success,
- To partner with the other USF Colleges and SUS institutions to develop creative initiatives that promote graduate student research, and
- To serve as a leader in promoting interdisciplinary graduate programs.
The TCOP offers a Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology and several Graduate Certificates and participates in several concurrent degree programs.