Priority Admission Application Deadlines: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
This program is offered fully online. (NOTE: The Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Business Concentrations are not offered online)
- Climate Change and Sustainability
- Food Sustainability and Security
- Sustainable Business
- Sustainable Energy
- Sustainability Policy
- Sustainable Tourism
- Sustainable Transportation
- Water Sustainability
Also offered as a Concurrent Degree
College: Patel College of Global Sustainability
The mission of PCGS is achieving sustainable development, both locally and globally, by fostering social, economic and environmental sustainability; we accomplish this through teaching, research, mentoring students and community outreach, as well as by generating practical knowledge and developing innovative technologies, skills and policies.
Drawing from various definitions of “sustainability” we seek to ensure that these efforts both endure and dramatically expand at USF; that they encourage the natural interconnections among those groups on campus addressing ecology, economics, politics and culture; that they recognize the essential contributions of scholars and professionals in engineering, business, architecture and urban planning, transportation, health, global studies and the natural and social sciences; and, that they serve to create and maintain the conditions under which humans and nature can exist in productive harmony, fulfilling the social and economic requirements of present and future generations.
The M.A. in Global Sustainability offers nine concentrations, available in a traditional on-campus format, and seven of which are available in fully online and blended formats. The graduate program is designed to prepare students to address complex regional, national, and global challenges related to sustainability and the ability to innovate in diverse cultural, geographic, and demographic contexts. The Patel College of Global Sustainability strives to offer a dynamic curriculum, top-notch internship experiences, and overall superior education for our students
Major Research Areas: Sustainable development, sustainability policy, environmental policy, green communities, ecotourism.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- GPA of at least 3.25 or greater; alternatively a GPA of at least 3.00 along with a GRE Verbal score of 153 (61 percentile) or higher, Quantitative of 153 (51 percentile) or higher and Analytical Writing of 3.5 or higher. GRE may be waived with relevant professional experience.
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors or supervisors (signed, dated, and on official letterhead).
- Letter of Interest (up to 350 words explaining why the student is interested in Sustainability)