Priority Admission Application Deadlines: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Also offered as a Bachelor’s/Master’s Pathway.
College: Arts and Sciences
Department: Zimmerman School of Advertising and Mass Communications
Contact Information: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
The M.S. in Advertising provides in-depth training in extracting, analyzing and utilizing analytics associated with advertising media and how those analytics shape strategy and creative content. It is useful both for mid-career professionals and those seeking entry-level advertising positions.
Major Research Areas: Advertising, Mass Communications, Marketing, Communication, Media
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- Appropriate bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (e.g. Mass Communications, Communication, Marketing)
- 153V (60th percentile), 144Q (18th percentile) preferred on the GRE
- a resume
- three letters of recommendation (academic recommendations preferred)
- a strong cover letter of intent
- Students who lack an appropriate background in the selected concentration may be required to take additional courses to meet concentration minimums.