Priority Admission Application Deadlines: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
College: Arts and Sciences
Department: School of Information
Contact Information: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
The Master of Science (M.S.) in Intelligence Studies is an online, applied graduate major designed to train a “next generation” of information and intelligence professionals for the private and public sectors. USF’s Intelligence Studies major is built around an innovative STEM-based model for professional analytic education. The curriculum focuses primarily on developing analytic competencies, and subsequently allows students to focus on specialized subject-matter areas. The principal aim is to train problem-solvers who understand strategic concepts and analytic methodologies and can apply that knowledge to advance an organization’s interests and objectives. Graduates will be capable of developing and evaluating new knowledge; generating and analyzing courses of action; expressing clearly reasoned opinions; and communicating effectively in writing, oral presentation, and visual display.
Major Research Areas: Strategic Intelligence, Cyber Intelligence, Intelligence Analysis, Information Studies, Information Analytics, Cybersecurity
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- GRE is not required
- 250-500 word essay describing academic and professional background, reasons for pursuing the degree, and professional goals pertaining to intelligence, analytics, and/or information
- Professional resume or CV
- Students applying to the Cyber Intelligence Concentration must also have technical knowledge, to include a basic understanding of:
- Programming/coding (e.g. Python, Java, C++), computational problem solving, and of
- major computer Operating Systems and how they function