- E-learning Design and Development
- Cybersecurity Education
- Big Data and Learning Analytics
- Game-Based Learning and Analytics
The field of learning technology is growing rapidly in higher education, industry, and k-12 settings. Nearly all major companies, government agencies, school districts, and universities and colleges, are actively recruiting their own learning technology experts. The M.S. in Learning Design and Technology has a foundation in E-learning with focus opportunities. The major is designed to provide a comprehensive curriculum and intensive training to prepare students for the job market of today and emerging fields of tomorrow in K-12 schools, higher education, industry, and military or other governmental agencies where the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of online learning, game-based learning, cybersecurity education, and learning analytics take place.
Major Research Areas
E-learning design and development; Cybersecurity education; Big data and learning analytics; and Game-based learning and analytics.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Resume or vita documenting their work and educational experiences to date
- A one-page Goals Statement describing the applicant’s motivation for entering the M.S. program, what s/he hopes to achieve upon completion of the program, and the number of courses s/he plans to take each semester while in the program.
The College of Education and the University Graduate Admissions office may impose additional requirements. Please be sure to review the admission information and requirements for BOTH the College of Education and the Graduate Admissions office.