- Pharmacy and Health Education
Also offered as:
The USF Health Taneja College of Pharmacy (TCOP) curriculum is very similar to that offered by other schools and colleges across the state of Florida and the country. This is purposeful as there are standards that must be upheld by all pharmacy programs to remain in accordance with national accreditation, financial aid and state regulatory requirements. The USF TCOP Mission, Vision and Goals serve to guide curricular content as well as other TCOP endeavors. The integration of technology, student engagement in the educational process, and interprofessional activities serve as the foundation for each course. The faculty will utilize a variety of instructional methods to foster student attainment of course objectives.
All students will be enrolled on a full-time basis. Several courses may be taught predominantly on-line; however, the majority of courses will include classroom contact. Lectures will be limited so that peer and faculty interactions can be maximized. For many courses, students may be required to listen to lectures on-line, or complete activities and/or assignments in preparation for class. The emphasis of the USF TCOP is the comprehension and assimilation of knowledge, with subsequent demonstration of competency (skills and abilities).
Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Major Research Areas
All applications undergo a holistic review process whereby careful consideration is given to all the credentials presented by applicants. By utilizing this process, applicants’ academic record along with experiences and attributes are assessed for potential academic and clinical success.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for the major listed below:
- PharmCAS Application
- At least two letters of recommendation (it is recommended one letter be from a biological or physical science professor)
- US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
- ≥ 2.75 Overall GPA (preferred)
- Completion of prerequisite coursework
- Official College Transcripts
- PCAT is required. While 65th percentile composite PCAT score is preferred, we will consider applicants with lower scores that may have other strong academic indicators providing evidence of success. PCAT scores older than 3 years will NOT be accepted.
- College Interviews - offered on a rolling basis
- Criminal background check and drug screen