School of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences
USF Athletic Training Admissions Office – Professional Degree Program
13220 USF Laurel Drive, MDF 5th Floor, MDC106, Tampa, FL 33612
This Major shares core requirements with the Advanced Athletic Training, M.S.
The Master of Science in Athletic Training (M.S. in A.T.) major is built around 60 credit hours of required coursework to satisfy the eligibility requirements for the students to sit for the Board of Certification examination.
Major Research Areas:
Athletic Training, Rehabilitation, Biomechanics, Prevention of Sudden Death in Athletics
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- Completion of GRE on record
- Meet the technical standards for admission or show potential for accomplished tasks
- Three (3) letters of Recommendation
- Personal statement in 1000 words or less describe primary career goals, what has most directly influenced your choice to become an Athletic Trainer, your attributes related to the field of Athletic Training and why you should be selected in the Athletic Training major.
- Interview (via Skype or on campus) with the Athletic Training faculty and staff
- Must complete a secondary application with ATCAS: https://atcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
- Anatomy and Physiology (2 semesters with lab)
- Medical Terminology
- Exercise Physiology
- Chemistry (lab preferred not required)
- Physics (lab preferred not required)
- Biology (lab preferred not required)
- Biomechanics/Kinesiology (Recommended not required)
- Technical Writing (Recommended not required)