- Contemporary Management
- Human Resource
- Project Management
- Management Information Systems
- Quantitative Management
Contemporary organizations widely recognize the strategic impact of management. Effective management provides a system for aligning strategic and business goals that focus on meeting client expectations and producing desired outcomes. The foundation of this program is management theory, applications, manager skills and methods, and the tools required to successfully manage and navigate organization projects.
The purpose of this major is to provide management leaders with principles of project management; leadership and strategic analysis; creativity and analytics; organizational behavior, decision making, design and change; collaboration; agile development and scrum methodology. The major specifically focuses on project management leadership requirements, such as facilitating teamwork in diverse groups; empowering others; recognize and adapt to the constraints and opportunities of a global economy, and develop centers of excellence.
This dynamic, well-focused, progressive program provides a broad range of management concepts and skills. Much of the curriculum is delivered through case studies, class discussion, exercise, group project, videotaped role-playing, simulations, and prominent guest speakers from local and national business and non-profit organizations. Emphasis is placed on student participation and teamwork. All courses include writing, presentations, critical thinking, analytics and creativity.
Accreditation: AACSB International -The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
The MS in Management admission committee uses a portfolio approach: the strength of each applicant is determined based on the entire application. The committee will consider the following:
- Prior college-level academic performance (bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required); For applicants with a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, the following requirements need to be met:
- Minimum GMAT score of 600 or a minimum GRE score of at least 321, and a minimum of 25th percentile in the verbal portion of the test.
- When the 3-year Bachelor’s Degree is less than 120 hours from Non-Bologna Accord Institutions, a transcript evaluation from a NACES member is required to confirm equivalency.
- GMAT, (preferred), GRE, MCAT, LSAT, and PCAT (submitted scores must be within five (5) years of the term of entry);
- Applicants from Preeminent and Emerging Universities within the State of Florida (University of Florida, Florida State University, and University of South Florida-Tampa) and a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater may request waiver of GMAT;
- Applicants with three (3) or more years of managerial or professional experience may request a GMAT/GRE waiver;
- A statement of purpose,
- Recommendation letters,
- Relevant professional work experience
- Any additional information that helps to ensure the potential success of the applicant in the program