Feb 26, 2024
Also offered as:
Accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
The M.S. in Marketing admission committee uses a portfolio approach: the strength of each applicant is determined based on the entire application. The admission committee will consider the following:
- GMAT (preferred), GRE, MCAT, LSAT, and PCAT (submitted scores must be within five (5) years of the term of entry);
- Applicants may request a waiver of GMAT if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from the University of South Florida
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from any State of Florida University that is a preeminent institution (i.e., University of Florida-Gainesville, Florida State University-Tallahassee)
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from an AAU school (American Association of Universities).
- Have three (3) or more years of managerial or professional experience
- A statement of purpose;
- Relevant professional work experience;
- Any additional information that helps to ensure the potential success of the applicant in the degree program
- For applicants with a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree from a regionallly-accredited institution, the following requirements need to be met in addition to those listed above: Minimum GMAT score of 650 or a minimum GRE score of at least 321 (combined verbal and quantitative), and a minimum of 25th percentile in the verbal portion of the test. When the 3-year Bachelor’s Degree is less than 120 hours from Non-Bologna Accord Institutions, a transcript evaluation from A NACES member is required to confirm equivalency.
Total Minimum Hours: 30 credit hours
- Core Requirements – 15 Credit Hours
- Specialization – 9 Credit Hours
- Electives – 6 Credit Hours
This course may be waived if taken within the last five years from an AACSB accredited program.
During the first year of the major, students who are unable to waive the prerequisites will be required to take:
Core Course Requirements (15 Credit Hours)
Specialization (9 Credit Hours)
Students complete one of the following specializations:
Marketing Analytics Specialization
To earn the Marketing Analytics Specialization, students must complete the Marketing Analytics course and any two of the three other courses listed below. If a student wishes to take an analytics-related course not listed below, they must obtain the Program Director’s approval to take such a course.
Digital Marketing and Brand Management Specialization
Electives (6 Credit Hours)
Any graduate-level (non-foundation) 3 credit hour Muma College of Business course may be used as an elective, subject to meeting course prerequisites and approval by the MSM advisor. Outside electives can be considered with prior approval (e.g., appropriate courses from Anthropology, Psychology, Mass Communications, etc.).
The practicum option requires students to work on marketing related issues and challenges in a business environment. These projects could be for a non-profit or a for-profit company. The project typically occurs in the student’s place of employment and is jointly supervised by a faculty member and a manager in the company. Three credits could be earned by taking MAR 6907. Practicum/internships credit hours serve in lieu of elective hours.
MAR 6816 Marketing Strategy, is the capstone course in the MS program. Students will be required to do one or more comprehensive case analyses in this course and/or take comprehensive tests that will assess their ability to integrate and synthesize various facets of marketing.