Dec 08, 2023
Deparment of Medical Sciences
The Master of Science in Health Informatics degree offers a curriculum that integrates the domains of information science, information resources management and health care organization and management.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- $65 non-refundable application fee
The breakdown of this fee is as follows:
- $30.00 USF’s Application Fee
- $35.00 Transcript Procurement Fee
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in the biological, chemical, computer or management information sciences or other appropriate field, or the equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees from a foreign institution.
- Minimum grade point average of 3.00 in the sciences
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Provide Statement of Purpose. Please include a short statement about why you are interested in the Program and use this statement to speak about your application’s strengths and weaknesses.
- While these are not required, GRE, MCAT or VAT standardized test scores or evidence of substantial health informatics experience can be submitted to enhance an application.
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens, but are residing in the U.S., must provide a copy of a U.S. Visa or permanent resident card. Contact the program and International Admissions for more information on which visas are eligible to apply to this major.
- Total Minimum Hours 32 credit hours
- Core – 11 Credit Hours
- General Pathway or Concentration Option – 21 Credit Hours
Core Requirements (11 Credit Hours)
General Pathway (21 Credit Hours)
Healthcare Analytics Concentration: (21 Credit Hours)
In lieu of the Comprehensive Exam, students complete a capstone project in the HIM 6664 Healthcare Project Management course.
For students who select the Internship option, each student will be assigned a faculty director who will oversee the internship project. Students will formally present their projects which will be shared with all major participants.
A minimum of 480 contact hours is required.