Priority Admission Application Deadlines: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Minimum Total Hours: 30
CIP Code: 52.0301
Dept. Code: ACC
Major/College Codes: MAC BA
Also offered as:
Concentration under Business Administration (Ph.D.)
College: Muma College of Business
Department: Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy (ACC)
Contact Information: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
The objective of the Master of Accountancy (M.Acc.) Degree Program is to provide candidates with greater breadth and depth of knowledge in accountancy than is possible in the baccalaureate program. The major is designed to meet the increasing needs of business, government, and public accounting. Students entering the Accountancy major must already have the equivalent of an undergraduate degree in accounting from a regionally-accredited school. The major may also be structured to satisfy the requirements to sit for the CPA Examination in Florida.
Accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
Major Research Areas: Visit the Faculty Research page under Faculty in the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy website.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- 3.00 GPA in all upper-level accounting courses (minimum of 21 hours at a U.S. regionally accredited program generally within the past 5 years; OR completion of the following “foundation” courses with a minimum grade of B in each course:
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I (ACG 3103),
- Intermediate Financial Accounting II (ACG 3113),
- Cost Accounting and Control I (ACG 3341),
- Accounting Information Systems (ACG 3401),
- Auditing I (ACG 4632), and
- Concepts of Federal Income Taxation (TAX 4001).
Students with undergraduate degrees with majors other than accounting are encouraged to contact Undergraduate advising at the Muma College of Business.
- Minimum GMAT score of 500 or higher, or equivalent GRE score of 305. Students may apply for a GMAT waiver if the student has obtained an undergraduate degree from USF Tampa and earned a GPA of at least 3.30 in the 6 core accounting major courses
Admission to the M.Acc. Degree Program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. For full consideration, please submit your application by the deadlines shown above.