This program is offered partially online.
Priority Admission Application Deadlines: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Minimum Total Hours: 33
CIP Code: 11.0501
Dept. Code: QMB
Major/College Codes: BAI BA
Analytics and Business Intelligence (ABI)
Information Assurance (CIA)
Also offered as:
- Track under Business Administration (Ph.D.) and application area in Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- an Accelerated Major
College: Muma College of Business
Department: Information Systems/Decision Sciences (QMB)
Contact Information: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
The Master of Science (M.S.) in Business Analytics and Information Systems (BAIS) meets the needs of the marketplace for expertise in analytics, information technology and management. Highly qualified individuals with motivation for leadership in information technology and analytics are encouraged to apply for admission to this program. The major meets the needs of organizations in information services, software development, management consulting, and other sectors wherer data analytics is used in industry. An Advisory Board consisting of senior business analytics and information systems executives works closely with the department to ensure that the program stays relevant and maintains high standards.
The major is offered in two forms – an on-campus option and a weekend executive option.
The on-campus option is designed for students who need flexibility in their course work. Students will work with faculty to design the most effective course sequence and optional thesis/practicum /independent studies to meet the major curriculum requirements and accomplish their career goals.
Alternately, the weekend executive option is intended for full-time working Information Technology/Information Systems/Business professionals who will pursue this degree while remaining employed. The weekend executive option is offered on a cohort basis with a pre-determined set of courses and independent study options selected by faculty based on market needs and student profiles. Students will benefit from an accelerated curriculum with a managerial and leadership approach. To get the full benefit, applicants are expected to have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
Accredited by the AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements , as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below. Students are admitted to the M.S./BAIS program based on the evaluation of their application in its entirety, including:
- GMAT, GRE or other standardized scores for graduate programs (e.g. MCAT, LSAT).
- For students with 5 years or more of relevant full-time work experience in Information Technology/ Information Systems/ Business Analytics in U.S., the requirement of standardized scores may be waived.
- Students requesting such waivers should provide information justifying such waivers based on the above criteria. Additional documentation may be sought when deemed appropriate by the program.
- letters of recommendations.
- statement of purpose, and
- relevant work experience.
- For applicants with a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally-accredited institution, the following requirements need to be met in addition to those listed above: Minimum GMAT score of 650 or a minimum GRE score of at least 321 (combined verbal and quantitative), and a minimum of 25th percentile in the verbal portion of the test. When the 3-year Bachelor’s Degree is less than 120 hours from Non-Bologna Accord Institutions, a transcript evaluation from A NACES member is required to confirm equivalency.