Feb 24, 2020
Priority Admission Application Deadlines: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Minimum Total Hours: 33
CIP Code: 52.1401
Dept. Code: MKT
Major/College Codes: MKT BA
Also offered as:
Concentration under Business Administration (Ph.D.)
College: Muma College of Business
Department: Marketing (MKT)
Contact Information: http://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements (see Graduate Admissions ) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
The M.S. in Marketing admission committee uses a portfolio approach: the strength of each applicant is determined based on the entire application. The admission committee will consider the following:
- GMAT (preferred), GRE, MCAT, LSAT, and PCAT (submitted scores must be within five (5) years of the term of entry);
- Applicants may request a waiver of GMAT if they meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from the University of South Florida-Tampa
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from any State of Florida University that is a preeminent institution (i.e., University of Florida-Gainesville, Florida State University-Tallahassee)
- Have a Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or greater from an AAU school (American Association of Universities).
- Have three (3) or more years of managerial or professional experience
- A statement of purpose;
- Relevant professional work experience;
- Any additional information that helps to ensure the potential success of the applicant in the degree program
- For applicants with a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree from a regionallly-accredited institution, the following requirements need to be met in addition to those listed above: Minimum GMAT score of 650 or a minimum GRE score of at least 321 (combined verbal and quantitative), and a minimum of 25th percentile in the verbal portion of the test. When the 3-year Bachelor’s Degree is less than 120 hours from Non-Bologna Accord Institutions, a transcript evaluation from A NACES member is required to confirm equivalency.
Total Minimum Hours: 30 credit hours
Core classes – 15 hours
Specialization – 9 hours
Electives – 6 hours
These courses may be waived if taken within the last five years from an AACSB accredited program.
During the first year of the major, students who are unable to waive the prerequisites will be required to take:
Core Course Requirements (15 Credit Hours)
Specialization in the MS (9 Credit Hours)
Take three courses in any area of specialization:
Digital Marketing and Brand Management
Two electives from the following list or from any of the specializations above:
Electives (6 Credit Hours)
Courses from Other Specializations
Outside electives – any 6000 level graduate course for 3 hours (e.g., appropriate courses from Anthropology, Psychology, etc.)
MAR 6816 Marketing Strategy , is the capstone course in the MS program. Students will be required to do one or more comprehensvie case analyses in this course that will test their ability to integrate and synthesize various facets of marketing.
To be granted an M.S. in Marketing degree, a student must have completed all of the required and elective courses with a GPA of 3.00 or higher.