This Program is Closed for Admission
Minimum Total Hours: 33
CIP Code: 13.1316
Dept. Code: EDI
Major/College Codes: SCE EJ
This major shares core requirements with the M.A.T. in Science Education.
Department: Teaching and Learning
Contact Information: www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Plan I – The Plan I track is a program of graduate study designed for those with initial certification in the area of concentration (typically with a baccalaureate degree from a college of education) who desire to increase their competence in the subject specialization. It is an individually planned program of study in consultation with a departmental advisor.
Accreditation: Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, and the Department of Education.
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees from a foreign institution in a science field (biology, chemistry, physics, geology, etc.) or coursework in a science teaching field acceptable to the program faculty. Students should provide a typed listing of science courses as part of their application. Students who do not meet this requirement can enroll in undergraduate courses prior to application. These courses will not be counted toward the master’s degree and can be taken at any regionally accredited university or community college
- A “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale ) average or higher in all work attempted while registered as an upper division student working for a baccalaureate degree, or students seeking admission by completing three graduate courses with a B or higher in each course while a non-degree seeking student should take: * EDF 6432 Foundations of Measurement and * EDF 6215 or 6215 Psychological Foundations and * SCE 5337 or SCE 5364, and
- CLAST, GKT, Praxis I or GRE is required. For the GRE the following score minimums are preferred: V:430, Q:570, AW:4.
- Proof of educational or professional experience.
- Proof of initial certification or relevant degree (Plan I).