Priority Admission Application Deadlines: https://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
Minimum Total Hours: 32
CIP Code: 51.2099
Dept Code: —
Major/College Codes: PNT / RX
Effective: Spring 2016
Biomedical Engineering PNB
Drug Discovery, Delivery, Development & Manufacturing DDD
Also offered as a Concurrent Degree
Contact Information: https://www.grad.usf.edu/majors
The Master’s of Science (M.S.) in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology is designed to train students in the skills they will need to understand the burgeoning technological advances in science at the nanoscale and how new nanomaterials and processes can be applied to drug delivery, diagnosis, treatment monitoring, tissue regeneration, personalized medicine and more. This major aims to bridge the gap between nanotechnology and medicine, providing students with advanced knowledge, skills and practical experience within the principles, technology and applications within this exciting and innovative area.
Major Research Areas:
Nano, Nanotechnology, Nano Pharmacy, Nano Pharmaceutics, Nano Pharmaceutical
Must meet University Admission and English Proficiency requirements, as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the biomedical, biological, chemical sciences or engineering
- GRE, MCAT, PCAT, or DAT standardized test scores. May be waived if the overall undergraduate GPA is 3.80 or higher.
- Minimum of two (2) letters of recommendation (preferably from previous professors or employers within the field of science; – all must be fairly recent – within the last five years of coursework or employment).
- A resume
- Professional Statement
- Interview (Optional, at program’s discretion)
- A course-by-course evaluation from a foreign transcript evaluation
- Final determination for admission will be made by Graduate Director based on GPA, GRE, MCAT, PCAT or DAT scores, letters of recommendations, resume and personal statement combined.